Transitioning from summer styles to autumn options? Don't leave your hair in the dark - literally or figuratively! The new hues of Autumn 2016 are deliciously refreshing and incredibly doable!
Some investments are simply worth making, and changing up your hair colour with the advent of a new season is one of those things. Here’s Why:
Of course, we’re on the case when it comes to the best autumn shades for your post-summer hair. Here are three of our favourites to fire up the season!
Think Khloe Kardashian here. Colour is a milky, thick blonde – not as icy and translucent as summer-gone-by. However, even though this shade appears soft and luxurious, it’s still likely to be dry as any colour takes it out of your tresses. Therefore, be sure to use blonde-friendly shampoo’s, conditioners and treatments.
1. KÉRASTASE MASQUE NUTRI-THERMIQUE, $60 – available at Adore Beauty.
2. KEVIN.MURPHY BLONDE.ANGEL, $42.95 – available at Adore Beauty.
3. PERCY & REED Best Friend Totally Intensive Treatment Oil+, $60 – available at Sephora.
4.Kiehl’s Colour Preserving Shampoo, $32 – available at David Jones.
As seen on J-Lo, dark hair is no longer boring brown, but a myriad of rust, aubergine and caramel inspired earthy undertones. This can be achieved with an in-salon toner to remove any dullness and add accents of lightness to this ever-evolving shade.
1. Sachajuan Colour Save Conditioner, approx. $42 – available at Anthropologie.
2. PERCY & REED Mini Really Rather Radiant Colour & Shine Shampoo, $15 – available at Sephora.
3. Aesop Violet Leaf Hair Balm, $35 – available at David Jones.
4. Kelly Van Gogh Colour Protecting Caviar Conditioner, approx. $35 – available at Anthropologie.
2015 saw a lot of pastel shades flying around, and boy, wasn’t it beautiful? But this year, a more mature approach is on the cards, with a light rose shade bridging the gap for red-heads. A creamy look, the rose shade is particularly flattering on warm skin tones, but you will have to up the care factor on your hair products here too!
1. Number 4 Hair Hydrating Conditioner, approx. $50 – available at Anthropologie.
2.KEVIN.MURPHY DAMAGE.MANAGER, $38.95 – available at Adore Beauty.
3.Al’chemy Unscented Very Gentle Conditioner, $26.95 – available at David Jones.
4. Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Deeply Repairative Hair Pack, $42 – available at David Jones.